Pedal and PCB released. Info updated. :)
Here's a really fun and versatile circuit, avaliable both as a complete pedal and a DIY project. Into the Unknown Guitar Synthesizer Deluxe - this is basically a expanded version of the 0415 guitar synth, but with alot more controls and a few new features. It's a pretty big project with 8 pots and 3 switches, but with a low component count.
It can do brutal fuzz, theremin sounds, synthy octaves down and up, flanger'ish modulation, drone'ish noise and oscillation and more...
Here's a demo video (complete with cheesy intro)
0:00 - Intro
0:27 - Fuzz
0:43 - Fuzz with one octave down
1:00 - Fuzz with two octaves down
1:11 - Fuzz with one octave up
1:23 - Fuzz with two octaves up
1:34 - Both octave down and up
2:02 - Fuzz Flanger
2:41 - Various modulation settings
5:21 - Theremin sounds!
6:13 - Self oscillation / drone noise
Here's a few sound examples of some of my favourite settings.
1. Theremin sounds + one or two octaves down
2. Fuzz Flanger with varying strenght and speed
3. Brutal fuzz double tracked with programmed drums and bass
With alittle flanger effect in the "intro"
4. Single note "chords" with a ringmod'ish setting + octave down
Only works on certain notes, depending on the setting
5. Self oscillation (by turning down the gate pot) with filter sweeps
Reacts to the guitar controls and LFO. Perfect for drone'ish noise
6. Octaves up+down (same as 0415) + squarewave modulation
The warp pot controls the character of the modulation
7. Fuzz + octaves down and up and trianglewave modulation
There is no EQ post processing on the guitar in the sound examples, only a touch of reverb and a limiter on the master.
I hope you find this one interesting. Please leave a comment... :)